Monday, August 6, 2007

Can't do it all alone

Almost a decade ago, when I was feverishly immersed with books of Ken Wilber, Robert Pirsig, Fritjof Capra and such I was in a Romantic state of mind similar to what they sometimes described as "going hermetic" - wishing to find a place of solitude to drown myself in books, study like mad, and emerge with a Magnum Opus or discover something big.

Nowadays, with my interests in business, investment, marketing and a broader concept of self-development I have realized I really have to go out there in the real world. I can't imagine now the wealth of information and education I have been shrugging off just to be "different". I see now every person as someone I can learn from and even a source of joy when I contribute something to them.

It takes a certain kind of maturity to face the fact that other people are also looking and interested in same things I am. The angsty person that says I am alone on this, a kindred spirit must die.

I should have realized this when I graduated college and a most unlikely stranger approached me who learned from someone I am into Osho or less commonly known as Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh. I was thrilled and at the same time I was disappointed that I wasn't so special. It's foolish thinking.

So now I want to attract and already attracting (and it's not hard) people or groups in Philippines with my same current interests:

  • Wilberian Integral thought systems
  • Online Marketing
  • Productivity/Human potential studies (Tony Robbins, David Allen)
  • The Secret
  • Robert Kiyosaki's Cashflow
  • Entrepreneurship

No comments:

The Blog of Author Tim Ferriss

Pinoy Money Talk - Make Money Online and Offline

Make Money Online | Make Money at Home with a 13-Year Old

*Jozzua

Manila Freelancer

The Couch Kamote - Productivity, life, tech, entrepreneurship and things Filipino.